Dear friends of the Joom!Fish project,
It is our greatest pleasure to announce the immediate availability of the public release of Joom!Fish 2.0 Stable. It comes after of approximately one year of development, extended testing and several alpha, beta and release candidate versions. We would like to thank to everyone interested in the project and everyone who supported us in the last year.
We would like to use the opportunity and to wish to our families, friends, subscribers, contributors and users a very successful New Year, health and peace. It is my personal pleasure to announce the Stable, as today is my 27-th birthday. In the next year, expect more information about our plans of further improvements of Joom!Fish and new versions.
What’s new in Joom!Fish 2.0 Stable?
- Significantly improved caching
- Improvements in performance (2.0 Stable is significantly faster) - read more.
- Improvements in routing and SEF handling
- Improvements in backend usability
- Many bug fixes (see change log for details)
Upgrade is expected to be very easy. You just need to download stable and install the package with the Joomla! installer. You don’t need to de-install or to do anything else, except just installing the package. In case you have issues with the installation, please refer to the common issues, which are server dependent.
Please note that Joom!Fish 2.0 is not compatible with php4. You should reconfigure/upgrade your hosting to enable you to use PHP5 before using Joom!Fish 2.0.
- What's new in Joom!Fish 2.0?
- How to install (brand new video tutorials offered by the Joom!Fish team);
- Ask for support (post any issues in our forums);
- Write a fair review (you love Joom!Fish or you think it is great or you just think we could do it better - write a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory);
- Contribute (we need more extensions translations, a dedicated 3PD content elements person, help screens translations, documentation translations etc.);
Should I upgrade from RC or prior version?
It is strongly recommended. Following the release of Joom!fish 2.0 stable we will no longer provide support for previous versions of Joom!Fish. This means, we will no longer support 1.8 either. Support forums for version 1.8 will be left to the community and terminated with the end of the Joomla! 1.0 lifecycle.
Joom!Fish in your own language
We have more than dozen of translations at the moment, which can be found at our downloads section. If there is no translation available, please check if it started and if it is not, consider contributing it. Contributors gain full Member access for the period they contribute.
It is available as part of the package, we also offer video tutorials online and PDF documentation for our Club Members.