[in 2.0 partly] Additional create date, deletion handling

A public wish list to discuss topics, features and so on for Joom!Fish 2.0
Forum rules
Forum is locked as Joom!Fish 2.0 is feature complete. To post new feature request, please use the 2.1 Forum.

[in 2.0 partly] Additional create date, deletion handling

Postby kebap on Wed May 21, 2008 1:57 pm

It would be great, if you could alter the structure of the jf_content-table.

As I developed a module that shows up the recently changed translations of JoomFish in the control panel of Joomla, I can see, that any of the displayed items are changed, but I am not able to see, whether an item is yet created or just modified. So could you please add a column to the table named "created" (datetime), so I am able to differ between the modifications.

Besides that, it would also be great, if you could let the administrator choose, how the deletion of items works. Either a "hard" deletion is set, so the items will be deleted properly from the table, or a "soft" deletion, which just updates a flag in the table and changes the modification date. The "soft"-deletion would enable me to show up the deleted translations in my module.

Thanks in advance for considering an implementation,

Peter
kebap
Newbee

Re: Additional create date, deletion handling

Postby ivo.apostolov on Sat May 24, 2008 2:06 pm

First idea about the dates sound reasonable. Will propose it for review by the devs.

Second one, I don't understand it? How one item could be deleted and to be yet available there? There is option to unpublish it?
ivo.apostolov
Contributor

Re: Additional create date, deletion handling

Postby alex on Sat May 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi,

We actually have these information already stored in the table. The modified and modified_by columns in the jf_content table stores exactly these information. May be we can provide you with an easy way to access them in your module.

Alex
JoomFish core team member
Think Network GmbH - strategic consulting and internet services

You need more Joomla Support? May be Open Source Support Desk can help you!
alex
Core Member

Return to Wish list