Asking for your feedback

A public wish list to discuss topics, features and so on for Joom!Fish 2.0
Forum rules
Forum is locked as Joom!Fish 2.0 is feature complete. To post new feature request, please use the 2.1 Forum.

Re: Asking for your feedback

Postby epainvin on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:07 pm

HI

I can help you to test on Joomla 1.5 and to translate french file. I have some "test" website.

Regards,

Eric
joomfish@bewetis.fr
epainvin
Newbee

Postby youhou on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:48 pm

If you need some help, we are there!
youhou
Newbee

Postby genu on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:41 am

I can help with the some PHP Development as well..... if needed
genu
Newbee

Postby alex on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi all,

Looking at how this forum developers we would need some additional moderators and people helping to answer questions. Preferred of course people who know about the Joom!Fish.

Anybody interested?

Alex
JoomFish core team member
Think Network GmbH - strategic consulting and internet services

You need more Joomla Support? May be Open Source Support Desk can help you!
alex
Core Member

Postby wanhafizi on Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:49 am

Hi there,

Firstly I would like to thank the team which has been endlessly improving the component. I found JoomFish is quite usefull.

My suggestions would be;

From my understanding, JoomFish does not use data from the original content in the Joomla default database. It is only being used as a guide for the translation process being done by the author. I would like to suggest that somehow the original data is being used direclty for the site's default language. It would be nice if this will be shown as the default.

Instead of this;

[Original Title & Content]
    --[Translation for language 1]
    --[Translation for language 2]

To this;

-[Original Content also acting as Translation for lang 1]
    -[Translation for lang 2]

All togather changing the concept from "translations for language 1 and 2" to "translation for language 2" only.

"Add New Content/Category/Section" function within the control panel, at the same time choosing the language for the newly added content.
    The "Content Element" drop down menu can include an option "All Elements" in the translation section which will enable displaying all the items from all elements, not just from a single element.
    Add new tab named "Translation Status" alongside the "Information", "News", "Unpublish" and "State" at the control panel. The new tab may include status of problematic translations such as unpublish items(possibly replacing the "Unpublish" tab), incompleted translations, unpublished, etc.
    "Add New Content/Category/Section" function within the control panel, at the same time choosing the language for the newly added content.
    Is there any way of changing the page title according to the language?

Sorry if I have wrongly stated any of the facts. I'm not yet an expert of this component. This is from a newbie's mind.

TQ very much, and thank you again
wanhafizi
Newbee

Postby alex on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi,

wanhafizi wrote:-[Original Content also acting as Translation for lang 1]
-[Translation for lang 2]

All togather changing the concept from "translations for language 1 and 2" to "translation for language 2" only.

Basically this is just an organizational decision you need to make. There is no need for the Joom!Fish to translate/copy anything into your site default language. The original content in the database is always the primary data we use. Translating to the 2nd language is all you need to do.

The sole reason why you can basically "translate" to your default language as well is that:
Someone might add a new article, menu, a.s.o. in the 2nd language. So now what are you going to do?
With Joom!Fish you can just translate backwards to the site default language and you are done. It will work in both languages.

However there is a suggestion to make this selection of the site default language a config option as it is causing confusion as for you. We will do this.

wanhafizi wrote:

Sorry I don't get this point. Can you explain it a bit more?
wanhafizi wrote:
    The "Content Element" drop down menu can include an option "All Elements" in the translation section which will enable displaying all the items from all elements, not just from a single element.

This is technically quite tricky - it will cause quite some time.

What is the idea behind this point?

Have you seen the mangagement functions in which you can find "untranslated" items over your whole system?
wanhafizi wrote:
    Add new tab named "Translation Status" alongside the "Information", "News", "Unpublish" and "State" at the control panel. The new tab may include status of problematic translations such as unpublish items(possibly replacing the "Unpublish" tab), incompleted translations, unpublished, etc.

See the management functions - the check function is doing exactly what you want. The point why we have separated it is that this function can take quite some time and we do not want to bother you with this each time you open the control panel. And caching these information is also not quite logical as you need it real time.
wanhafizi wrote:

Question: Have you seen the admin module of the Joom!Fish? It is basically allowing you to do this vis versa. While editing a menu, article ... - you select the language and click on the fish. With that a new window opens and you can instantly translate it.
wanhafizi wrote:
    Is there any way of changing the page title according to the language?

Yes - you can do this in the params of your article for each article, or in the language configuration (config field in the Joom!Fish language manager) for your whole site.
wanhafizi wrote:Sorry if I have wrongly stated any of the facts. I'm not yet an expert of this component. This is from a newbie's mind.

TQ very much, and thank you again

No worries - this shows where we need to improve ideas, docus and tutorials :)

Thanks for the ideas

Alex
JoomFish core team member
Think Network GmbH - strategic consulting and internet services

You need more Joomla Support? May be Open Source Support Desk can help you!
alex
Core Member

Previous

Return to Wish list