[Under review for JF 2.1] params field type

Hi this forum is closed as we do have a new feedback and suggestion system on http://feedback.joomfish.net - the forum includes all references to all suggestions. May be you can help us with migrating the threads to the new service.
Forum rules
Hi this forum is closed as we do have a new feedback and suggestion system on http://feedback.joomfish.net - the forum includes all references to all suggestions. May be you can help us with migrating the threads to the new service.

[Under review for JF 2.1] params field type

Postby joomlaequipment on Sat May 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Hello,

I am creating XML files for JoomSuite Content. There are some parameters that is important to translate. In menu element XML I found prams type. I used it in my XML but it shows text area. The problem is I do not know how to point where is XML file with <params> for Joomfish to build form elements.

How can I do that?
joomlaequipment
Newbee

Re: params field type

Postby ivo.apostolov on Sun May 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi there, what are these parameters and where the information is stored?
Is this menu item params, module params or something else?
Do you want to render it as a dropdown or in some other way?
ivo.apostolov
Contributor

Postby joomlaequipment on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am

This is params for my custom element say article. i have XML file in component root config.xml that help me to constructs form

$params = new JParameters($row->params, 'config.xml');
echo $params->render('params', 'Group name');

What I mean that when I translate menu for example I see this form as on menu translation attachmnet

When i create type="params" element in my ZML I see HTML area not a form and that is right. how can JF know how to render form just on ini information that is stored in params field. It needs XML file location to initialize the form where type of every element is specified.
Attachments
menu.JPG
menu.JPG (58.09 KiB) Viewed 4696 times
joomlaequipment
Newbee

Postby Geraint on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:24 pm

If you put a config.xml file in your admin components directory then Joomfish should pick it up. Is something not working?

Geraint
Joomfish club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom Joomfish addons and benefits.

Join the Joomfish club today!
Geraint
Contributor

Postby joomlaequipment on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:24 pm

OK, it is there. but it is not working. What should be the file name? Also in config I have 7 groups different for every element. For example group 1 is used for articles, group 2 for categories.
joomlaequipment
Newbee

Postby Geraint on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:33 pm

When you create a normal Joomla menu item do the params appear as you'd expect? i.e. outside Joomfish?

Geraint
Joomfish club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom Joomfish addons and benefits.

Geraint
Contributor

Postby joomlaequipment on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Of course it does display good.

See to create form based on params this code is used

$params = new JParameter($params_ini, $XML_file_path);
$params->render();

In DB in params field only ini data is stored. So it is obviosly JF cannot render form because I do not point anywhere what XML file to use to render form. Also not I cannot use config.xml in joomla root. First because it is used for other things and second I have few JF contentelements. And every element has parameters. I cannot store all parameters in one file. I think best way to solve that is to add atribute.

<field type="params" name="params" translate="1" xml="administrator/components_com_mycome/myxml.xml" xml_group="General">params</field>

This will alows to tell joomfish what XML file to use for every param field separately and yet if one have all parameters in one file separated into groups, it tells what group to render.
joomlaequipment
Newbee

Postby Geraint on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:40 pm

This is an interesting idea. I want to review the whole paramaters handling for Joomfish 2.1 and will see if these ideas can be incorporated.

Geraint

Geraint
Contributor

Postby ivo.apostolov on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Could we move that to wish list as under review?
ivo.apostolov
Contributor

Postby Geraint on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Good idea

Geraint
Contributor

Return to Wish List 2.x