[feedback-ok] Language Switcher in the frontend-editing-form

Hi this forum is closed as we do have a new feedback and suggestion system on http://feedback.joomfish.net - the forum includes all references to all suggestions. May be you can help us with migrating the threads to the new service.
Forum rules
Hi this forum is closed as we do have a new feedback and suggestion system on http://feedback.joomfish.net - the forum includes all references to all suggestions. May be you can help us with migrating the threads to the new service.

[feedback-ok] Language Switcher in the frontend-editing-form

Postby tomukas on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:16 pm

I'd like to have a language switcher in the front article-editing-form - would be easier for most non-administrative users to translate their own stuff.

tomukas
Newbee

Re: Language Switcher in the frontend-editing-form

Postby wuhanet on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:05 pm

tomukas wrote:I'd like to have a language switcher in the front article-editing-form - would be easier for most non-administrative users to translate their own stuff.

I register this forum for same wish.
wuhanet
Newbee

Re: Language Switcher in the frontend-editing-form

Postby alex on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 pm

And what would this switcher change in the editor?

I'm not 100% sure I understand the itensions of this extra to an editor.

Alex
JoomFish core team member
Think Network GmbH - strategic consulting and internet services

You need more Joomla Support? May be Open Source Support Desk can help you!
alex
Core Member

Re: [Un. rev21] Language Switcher in the frontend-editing-form

Postby tomukas on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:00 pm

To make sure, that it's easy for every user to translate an information in other languages. In addition to this - maybe I just didn't recognize that there's already such an extra - it would be possible to translate messages in the front-end of Joomla.
tomukas
Newbee

Postby Geraint on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Gold club members have access to JoomfishPlus which is a full frontend translation tool. In this you can switch the language of the source page in other words say you have 3 language english, portuguese and spanish and you need a portuguese translation. The using this tool the translator can translate from spanish to portuguese instead of from english to portuguese if he/she prefers.

Geraint
Joomfish club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom Joomfish addons and benefits.

Join the Joomfish club today!
Geraint
Contributor

Postby crony on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Hello,

I'm a bit confused on how submiting an article thru front-office works... :oops:
Read this post too:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1153

Could you post screenshots to see how it works ? Even with subscribed plugins...

I would like to submit an article thru front office, and be allowed to publish it in french, and in english, (or more languages ??) at the same time.

I also use the last JCE editor version, with user groups to get a simple editor for any user group.

Does this functionnality (to switch between languages)is integrated as a plugin like "Editor Button - Image / editors-xtd" ?
It would be perfect, because I'm using content_submit for example, and I'm not sure this translate button is available but in content_submit...Am I right, or wrong ?

Is there any demo site to test as well the last realease ?

Thank you !
Last edited by crony on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
crony
Newbee

Postby ivo.apostolov on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 pm

This functionality is not yet available. We are considering if to added in the next version 2.1
ivo.apostolov
Contributor

Postby crony on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:49 am

Ok, thanks!
crony
Newbee

Return to Wish List 2.x