500 - No valid database connection

This forum provides support and discussion about the 2.1 release of Joom!Fish only. Please be aware that JoomFish 2.1 is no longer the latest, public release of JoomFish. Consider upgrading to 2.2 if you find any particular issue.
Forum rules
Please visit the Documentation section first. Especially take a look at the Installation issues and the FAQ document.

Before posting, don't forget to search the forums.

If you still have issues, start a topic and include as much information as possible:

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! (1.5.23) and Joom!Fish (2.1.7). Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least (you can find this in your Joomla! backend under help > system info):

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: The support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* Joom!Fish version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Webserver to PHP interface (e.g. apache2handler, cgi-fcgi)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

500 - No valid database connection

Postby CZDave on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Hello JoomFish developers,

I've found a bug in JoomFish version 2.1.5 when testing it with ARTIO JoomSEF extension causing "500 - No valid database connection" error message.
In the file /plugins/system/jfdatabase/intercept.jfdatabasemysql.php on line 161 there is an if statement:
Code: Select all
if (strpos(strtoupper($tempsql),"SELECT")===false) {

which does not correctly recognize SELECT queries. For example the query like this:
INSERT INTO sometable VALUES ('select');

The strpos function finds the "select" word in the query and the if statement fails causing that the function setRefTables() does not return immediately. Then on the line 225:
$fields = $this->_getFieldCount();

the _getFieldCount() function is called checking the $this->_cursor variable on line 76:
if (!is_resource($this->_cursor)){

which raises an error because the INSERT query never returns a resource, just the boolean true or false.

The mysqli version (intercept.jfdatabasemysqli.php) does not have this problem, because its _getFieldCount() function does not raise an error when $this->_cursor is not a resource.

Hope this report will help you to solve the problem soon.

Best regards,
ARTIO JoomSEF developer
CZDave
Newbee

Re: 500 - No valid database connection

Postby acyba on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:32 am

Dear JoomFish developers,

I second the post previously sent by the ARTIO team, this issue has been introduced in 2.1.5 and the exact same problem can be reproduced by using queries such as INSERT ... SELECT or DELETE ... SELECT causing a 500 No valid database connection error (the query should not be translated anyway).

Best Regards,
Acyba team
acyba
Newbee

Postby pixnflix on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello,

I am having the same problem with AceSEF. Before I had default Joomla SEF running.
I upgraded to Joomfish 2.1.5 because my ISP upgraded PHP version to 5.3.1.
I had problems with the default Joomla SEF. When I disabled Joomla SEF the site would work. But as soon as I enable Joomla SEF I get 500 page not found.

I installed AceSEF and now I get 500 - No valid database connection error. If I refresh it loads the page, and it seems to work from then on, without the error.

UPDATE: Once I purged the URL database, I got the errors again. After it adds all the URLs to the database, it seems to work.

UPDATE: This worked locally on a windows box running XAMPP. But when I tried it live... it did not work. Hopefully this is solved ASAP. I can't have the site offline for long.
pixnflix
Newbee

Postby mx5gr on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:28 pm

I can confirm this on a Joomla 1.5.22 system with JoomSEF 3.7.5 & Joomfish 2.1.5 WITH mysqli driver however. As soon as JoomSEF is activated the site grinds to a hault producing Error 500 FastCGI Errors (we run our site on a Win2K3 system, IIS6 & ISAPIRewrite Licensed).

Any expectations for a fix?
mx5gr
Inshore Fisher

Postby clowride on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello
Same problem here with ace sef
regards
clowride
Newbee

Postby algisinfo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Same problem with a number of other extensions ( http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2349969 ) including aiContactSafe.
I've seen somewhere it the problem is not generated with mysqli and I've tested on my local computer and seams this is correct.
I suggest activating it if you have it on your server.

I hope the problem will be fixed soon.
algisinfo
Newbee

Postby waterrabbit on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 am

Hi,
I had same problem when enable cache i JoomFish parameters (Enable translation caching - Yes).
If caching has been disabled everything works fine.
waterrabbit
Newbee

Postby dsuna on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Is there a fix for this problem? I have multiple components that are getting this error including JomSocial Profile Types and the only way I found to get rid of the problem was to uninstall JoomFish. Please let me know if there is a fix since we are supposed to demo the multi-language support of the site very soon.
dsuna
Newbee

Postby aalfouzan on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Joomla 1.5.22, JoomFish 2.1.5

Getting the same error when I press Continue using Ad Agency.
aalfouzan
Newbee

Postby cha on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:28 am

Joomla 1.5.22, JoomFish 2.1.5, Virtuemart 1.1.6

Getting the same error when I press the "Complete Order" button on the Virtuemart frontend.
cha
Newbee

Next

Return to Joom!Fish 2.1.x Core Extension [deprecated]