Two domains

This forum includes all questions and reports related the Joom!Fish core extension. This includes all related and with the main package distributed extensions such as the JFRounter, Admin Translation Module, Search Plugins or the Language Selection Module.

We do not support version 1.7/1.8 anymore. You are strongly advised to upgrade your site to the latest Joomla and JoomFish extension
Forum rules
Please visit the Documentation section first. Especially take a look at the Installation issues and the FAQ document.

Before posting, don't forget to search the forums.

If you still have issues, start a topic and include as much information as possible:

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! (1.5.20) and Joom!Fish (2.0.4). Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least (you can find this in your Joomla! backend under help > system info):

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: The support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* Joom!Fish version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Webserver to PHP interface (e.g. apache2handler, cgi-fcgi)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Two domains

Postby trylobyte on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi,

Anyone know if it is possible to use two different domains for the same site?

Ej: mysite.com and mysite.fr

I think it´s important for seo and after search in the forum don´t know if it is possible to do it with joomfish.

Thank you!
trylobyte
Newbee

Re: Two domains

Postby citydan on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 pm

I am interested in this as well.

It would be ideal if all of my geman pages were indexed in Google as mysite.de and the english under mysite.com

Can this be accomplished?

If i only use a simple domain forwarding so that both mysite.com and mysite.de point to mysite.com, and then Joomfish uses browser settings to set the language, then will Google only see one site live? I believe so, since it is all hosted at mysite.com.

Will Google understand and all the mysite.com/de/... pages are German and all of mysite.com/en/... are English, and therefore index them properly on goolge.com and google.de?
citydan
Newbee

Postby Webbmary on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi,

This is something I also want to do.

www.mydomain.com >> Goes to the English webpage
and
www.mydomain.se >> Goes to the Swedish version

Is this posible?
Webbmary
Newbee

Postby alex79 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:20 am

No problem with that, but what we ought to do is to register each of the URLs or domains in Google webmaster tools and configuration choose the country you are targeting
alex79
Newbee

Postby palm1 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:58 am

i was thinking rather of a landing page (intro) with only a language selector and links to subdomains like:
mysite.com
swedish.mysite.com
german.mysite.com
etc.
Any info as to how google will treat this site structure language-wise is appreciated. thx
palm1
Newbee

Postby JayH1 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I think that you will need to use

mydomain.com
mydomain.se
mydpmain.de
JayH1
Newbee

Postby tb@wellcom.fr on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Hello,

Finally is someone find any solutions ? One domain for one language ?

Thanks
Thomas
tb@wellcom.fr
Newbee

Postby alugssauir on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:53 am

Depends on how your hosting is set up.

Simplest way is to have the .kr in one folder and the .com files in a different one then server the files from the appropriate folder depending on which hostname was requested.
If the file names are the same for the page to be served, it's a really simple task with any server side code.
alugssauir
Newbee

Return to Joom!Fish 2.0.x Core [deprecated]